Exchange 2007 OWA redirect configuration using URL Rewrite
This is a quick write up on how to configure your Windows 2008 x64 IIS server on how to rewrite URL's so users can easily get to their HTTPS based OWA without entering the entire URL including https://...
- First, download and install URL rewrite for x64 here http://www.iis.net/extensions/URLRewrite, This will require a reboot.
- Second, by default "force SSL is ENABLED on an Exchange server. Open the SSL settings on your default site and disable the HTTPS requirement, as this rule will force it.
- Go into IIS manager and open URL rewrite:
- Create a new Blank rule
- You will be recreating these two rules:
- Force HTTPS Rule and Conditions:
- Redirect Root Rule Action:
- Now, http://machine/ and http://machine/owa and https://machine/ all redirect to https://machine/owa making the end user a happy camper who can't goof up the URL!