Here's how it works:
- Log into your Skype for Business Admin portal in office 365
- Click on Voice, then "Port Orders (preview)"
- Note the text - you will need a list of numbers, 999 maximum per order, your account info, your letter of authorization, and a PIN if applicable.
- Click on + to add a new port order
- Note the text warning here
To minimize delay in your transfer:
- Please remove any features (i.e. Hunt Group) associated with your numbers before submitting your order.
- Please do not place any new service orders with your current provider.
- All numbers must be from the same carrier and under the same account.
- You cannot transfer toll free numbers or numbers used for data (i.e. DSL lines).
- Make sure the account information matches exactly what your carrier has on record. Mismatched information is the most common cause of errors.
- Complete your account info
- Enter your phone numbers, one per line - these need to be in E164 format!
- Select your transfer date. Not sure if they will really get it done in 5 days, but that's was the choice I made.
- Digitally sign your letter of authorization
- Submit your port order!
I will be working on porting some numbers for real sometime very soon, but wanted to get this post up to show how it's done. I will update this post as we gain more experience.
More technical detail is available here